Western Aircraft's FAA certified repair station (FE6R532N) specializes in King Air modifications and packages to improve the appearance, safety and performance of your aircraft. We supply and install a variety of modifications. Here are some of the specific mods we offer:
Raisbeck Performance Systems
For almost a quarter of a century, Raisbeck Engineering has been designing, developing and marketing performance systems for the King Air aircraft. These systems enable the King Air to outperform the standard King Air in such areas as takeoff distance, climb, speed and range.
Each Raisbeck system is individually engineered to enhance specific operational areas of the King Air. For many years the systems have been packaged to take advantage of the positive synergistic effects they collectively produce on the overall performance of certain King Air models. A few of the performance benefits are listed below by system.
Hartzell/Raisbeck 4-bladed Quiet Turbofan Propellers (TFPS)
- Noise reduction and improved takeoff, climb and cruise performance
Raisbeck Ram Air Recovery System (RARS)
- Significantly improved climb and cruise performance with ice vanes stowed or deployed
- Reduce torque loss with ice vanes deployed
Raisbeck Enhanced Performance Leading Edges (EPLE)
- Increased cruise speeds
- Reduced stall speeds
- Increased outboard wing fatigue life
- More efficient air conditioning through improved intercooler efficiency
- Excellent low speed flying qualities and stall characteristics
Raisbeck Dual Aft Body Strakes (DABS)
- Eliminate or raise yaw damper limits
- Improved directional stability and pilot control
- Improved passenger ride quality
- Quieter cockpit and cabin
Raisbeck Nacelle Wing Lockers (NWLS)
- Certified for 600 lbs in 16 cubic feet of stowage space
- Free up seats for additional passengers
- Save on interior wear and tear
Raisbeck High Flotation Gear Doors (HFGD)
- Restored standard gear climb and cruise performance
- Cruise speeds increased by 4-10 knots
- Wheel wells, tires, wheels and brakes stay clean
Increased Gross Weight, with TFPS and DABS
Frakes Exhaust Stacks
- King Air C90 GWI to 10,350 lbs
- King Air E90 GWI to 10,500 lbs
- King Air 100 GWI to 11,846 lbs
- King Air A100 GWI to 12,008 lbs
For your King Air Model 90, 100, 200, 300, 350 and 99 Series Beechcraft. Frakes Aviation is the leading manufacturer of exhaust stacks with over 14 years of experience producing clean-running, crack-free exhaust stacks. This modification is designed to work with all King Airs including those equipped with the Butterfield Flow-Thru Anti-Ice System.
Oil Residue Collection System
- Virtually eliminates exhaust stains.
- Increases air speed up to 5 knots.
- Highly polished, attractive and aerodynamic.
- Full 5 year repair or replacement warranty.
This modification eliminates oil residue on your nacelles by collecting and storing oil that would otherwise dump overboard or drip into the wheel well.
Four Blade Propellers
- Allows pilot to monitor amount of oil loss from engine seals.
- Stops environmental pollution by retaining petroleum products.
- Eliminates oil on the hangar floor.
Enjoy substantial noise reduction, reduced blade length and greatly improved take-off and climb performance.
Flow-Thru Anti-Ice System
- 94" four blade propeller from Hartzell / Raisbeck
- Yields a 7 dBA reduction in cruise sound levels in the cockpit
- Up to 10 dBA less in the cabin.
- Significantly reduces fly-over noise.
- Produces more thrust at low speed.
- Reduces distance to liftoff by up to 18% in some models.
- Raises the available engine torque from 3% to 6% for increased cruise power.
Prevent sooting on the underside of your King Air 200 nacelles with the Flow-Thru Anti-Ice System.
- Exhaust gasses enter only one side of the anti-ice lip and exit the other.
- Eliminates all sooting on the underside of the nacelles.
- Flexible bellows virtually eliminate repair costs of cracked stacks.
- Precents soot leakage inside the engine compartment.
- Western Aircraft performs this modification in 10 hours or less.
Beechcraft Avionics Sales and Installation
- We know Beechcraft parts--we're one of the largest parts distributors in the world.
- Thousands of FAA-approved line items, rotable components and modification kits, in stock and ready to ship.
- Expert service and quick delivery around the world.
- Open 24 hours day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Click here to perform a parts search online.
Beechcraft Interiors and Cabin Entertainment
- We are authorized dealers for all major avionics and electronics manufacturers.
- Full-time engineering staff ensures installations are done right and provide computer-generated drawings of your installation.
- Complete CAD drawings are created for each job to aid installation and future work.
- Garmin G1000 awarded STC for King King Air 200/B200.
- Click here to contact our avionics sales and technical staff.
- Maximize your downtime by scheduling a re-rag, cabinet work or cabin entertainment installations, along with inspections or other work.
- Fabrication and installation of soft goods and cabinetry.
- Upgrade your plane's value and your passengers' comfort with everything from seats & interiors to entertainment systems and sound dampening.
- Click here to learn more about our interiors capabilities.